Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Let's Bring in the New Year....

So this year has been really tough. I've cried, I've laughed but most of all I've loved. I can honestly say that I have loved much this year. Sometimes life throws things our way that just plain, don't make any sense, but you know what, as my Dad would say "you just gotta roll on." I love my children more than I can ever express. I'm learning through being alone with them, that they are so beautiful and special in their own ways. Jordan is so helpful and such a blessing in my life. He truly has my spirit. He loves to make people laugh, and he will go to any lengths to do so (sounds really familiar). Just ask Amanda or Jennifer about his booty shakin contest he had all by himself at home one night. He's tender too. Last night Noah was sick and while we laying in my bed Jordan said "momma let's pray for my brother to feel good." I said okay you go ahead, and I understand now what the Bible means when it says "from the mouths of babes..." This was his prayer:

"Dear Jesus, Thank you for this wonderful day. Please make my brother well. Heal his body, help him not to throw up one more time. Heal my body, my mommy's body, my daddy's body and Noah's body. In Jesus name, AMEN."

He did that all on his own....i didn't say a thing, in fact, i couldn't for a moment after i was so amazed by the faith and trust in God by my 4 year old son. We can all learn from children. He's amazing.
Noah, is special too. He has such a sweet heart, and a crooked smile (from thumb sucking) that could light up a room. He so gentle when he wants to be. He is my heart. He loves to cuddle blankets and suck his little thumb...he's my little Lynus. He gives kisses that would make you melt. Together Jordan and Noah are the most perfect parts of me....and more than i could have ever hoped for in two amazing little boys.
So with our forces combined, the three of us could pretty much go and join a three ring circus, or make our own movie, or even just be us in 2010. So many great things are gonna come out of this new year. New beginnings, new hopes, new goals, new dreams for 2010. I'm ready to face this new year running, and with a healthy expectation for good things to come my way, after all God is steering me through the rapids of life....if i fall out of the raft sometimes, i gotta know that God will through me a limb or something to hold on to. When i feel like giving up I just gotta keep giving it to him, and just look at my children and know....it will all be alright this year....2010.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Plan Britt! You are so right britt, our kiddos make everything worth it. And yours are so lucky to have you. We all are, I love you. Hope you have a great day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story touches me! Noah, actually woke up this morning with me and acted completely normal. It was if he was miraculously healed! Now I know why!!! Thank you Lord for hearing the prayers of my grandchildren and all of those who call upon your name! I am so proud of you Britt and all God is showing during this time of struggle and strife.XXXOOO Mommy

    ReplyDelete