Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Today, Tonight, Tomorrow

Today I lift mine eyes unto the rising sun.
Tonight I will burrow away and wait until it's done.
Tomorrow I will stand on the promise you gave to me.
For now, I will wait, wait 'til I can see.

Today I walk about, through your lost city.
Tonight I will shrink back into the garment of self pity.
Tomorrow I will try again to take just one step ahead.
For now, I will wait, and remember all that you've said.

Today I sing your praises, feeling very strong.
Tonight I will cry aloud, 'cause I know he's really gone.
Tomorrow I will breath again and go back to being mom.
For now, I will try to match the beating of your drum.

One day I will be alright, your strength makes all things new.
One night I will be free, my burdens, my troubles, will all be few.
One 'morrow I'll sing songs to you, draw a life line in the sand.
For now though Lord, though it is tough, on you alone I'll stand.

1 comment: